Effective from 15 March 2021
If you do not provide us with any or all the personal information that we may request from you from time to time, you may be unable to use our Site and/or we may be unable to provide you with the information and/or products that you have requested.
- how we collect personal information;
- the kind of personal information we collect;
- how we use, and may share, your personal information;
- responsibility for personal information collect through linked third party websites;
- how you can access/amend your personal information;
- how long we hold personal information; and
- who you can contact for further information.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information about you by the following means:
- when you purchase products or services from us or someone else purchases products or services from us for you;
- when you create an account with us and update your account information;
- when you sign up to our mailing list to receive direct marketing;
- when you contact us for information about or products or services; and
- when you contact us for any other purpose.
The kind of personal information we collect
We collect the personal information that you give us, which may include, without limitation, your name, date of birth, address, billing information, contact details, and we may also obtain personal information from third parties with your authorisation or where otherwise permitted by law.
When you are making a payment through the Site, the Site directs you to a secure payment processing website to make payment. We do not retain any of your credit card details.
How we use, and may share, your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the products and services that you purchase from us;
- to reply to your queries or requests;
- to provide you with information and offers in relation to the products offered by us if you have indicated that you would like to receive this information;
- to help us improve the products and services that we offer and to develop new products and services;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- otherwise for our own internal business purposes; and
- for our administrative purposes.
We may disclose information about you:
- to our service providers (including our hosting providers, payment processors and shipping providers);
- to other third parties (including our product distributors) to the extent reasonably required to carry out any of the purposes for which we may use your personal information (as outlined above);
- if we are requested to do so in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations;
- to a court or tribunal, regulatory and enforcement agencies, or government agencies; or
- with your authorisation or where we are otherwise permitted to do so by applicable law.
How we process payments
We may use “cookies” and collect session information to provide you with access to tailored information and products on the Site.
A cookie is a small data file that the Site sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system for later retrieval by the Site. Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the Site to your interests. Information supplied by cookie and session information can help us to analyse the profile of the Site’s visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Users have the opportunity, using their browser settings, to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, deleted, or not to receive cookies at any time. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some of their features or functionality may be limited.
Responsibility for personal information collect through linked third party websites
The Site, any direct marketing, or other communications we have with you may contain links to third party websites. Unless expressly stated otherwise, these websites have not been developed by and are not controlled by us. They are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with the privacy practices of the third party websites linked to. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website you visit.
How you can access/amend your personal information
You may access your personal information that we hold by contacting us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, as permitted by the Privacy Act 2020, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, to take into account the time, cost and effort involved.
You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by contacting us. If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may then request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made.
How long we hold personal information
We will determine how long we hold your personal information, except that we will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which we may lawfully use it.
Who you can contact for further information